With just a few days left in 2017, we’ve finally made it to the end of the year! As per usual, I’m sharing some of the best products that I used throughout the year, including new discoveries and classic favorites. I surprisingly don’t have a huge list of favorites, nor do I have an item for every makeup category this year.
I experimented with a lot of hair products after ditching my previous go-to brand, but most of my makeup consisted of products I’ve used for years. Unless new makeup came out or there was a hyped product that piqued my interest, I stuck with the tried and true favorites.
Best Products of 2017
- Highlight: Fenty Beauty Killawatt in Mean Money/Hu$tla Baby
- Foundation: Fenty Beauty Pro Filtr Foundation in 370
- Concealer: LA Girl Pro Conceal in Fawn
- Eyebrow Pencil: NYX Micro Brow
- Lipstick: MAC ‘Whirl’
- Nude Liquid Lipstick: NYX Lingerie in Beauty Mark
- Lipgloss: NYX Butter Gloss in Madeleine
- Lip Pencil: MAC ‘Plum’
- Red Liquid Lipstick: Fenty Beauty Stunna Lip Paint in Uncensored
- Cleanser: Boscia Clear Complexion Cleanser
- Makeup Remover: Boscia Makeup Breakup Cleansing Oil
- Mask: Origins Out of Trouble 10 Minute Rescue Mask
- Deep Conditioner: Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair Hair Mask
- Styling Products: Mielle Organics Honey & Ginger Styling Gel
- Leave-In: Eden Bodyworks Coconut Shea Leave-in Conditioner
- Perfume: Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black
- Hand Cream: L’occitane Hand Cream
- Wallet: Louis Vuitton 6-Key Holder
- Jewelry: Brook and York Coordinate Cuff Bracelet
Two miscellaneous products I discovered this year became instant favorites: the Louis Vuitton 6-key holder and Brook and York’s Coordinate Cuff Bracelet. I don’t feature the key holder on the blog because it’s so small, but it has completely changed the need for handbags. I purchased it back in May and literally use it every day as my bag replacement. Unless I need to carry a lot of items with me on the go or I just feel like wearing a bag, the key holder is the only thing I take with me now. It conveniently holds all of my keys, cards, and cash in one small package. It cost more than what I would normally pay for a wallet, but the ROI has already made up for the price tag.
As for the Brook and York bracelet, I loved it as soon as it arrived. I originally discovered the brand when partnering with them for content, but their service and presentation turned me into a fan. I love delicate jewelry that can be worn with multiple outfits, and the cuff bracelet has an added personal touch that stands out from the crowd. It’s pretty common to monogram jewelry, but I was able to instead customize it with coordinates of any location that held a special memory.
What were some of your favorite products this year?
Join the Style Club!