Happy New Year! Before we jump into what 2016 will bring, let’s look back at some of the best beauty products from last year. This list doesn’t include all categories in the makeup world simply because not every category had a “best” product; however, each product mentioned below are all items I loved in 2015 and will carry forward into this year.
Best of Beauty | Eyes
- Best Mascara – L’oreal Miss Manga
- Even against high-end mascaras, the original Miss Manga mascara has the best results when it comes to achieving doll-like eyes with amazing length.
- Best Eyeshadow – Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette
- This palette is a star because it’s compact enough for travel and provides a good mix of shimmer and matte neutral shades without being boring.
- Best Eyeliner – NYC Liquid Liner
- For only a few dollars, this brush tip liquid liner gets the job done no matter how thick or thin you want your eyeliner to be.
- Best Brow Product – Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz
- While expensive for the amount received per tube, the Brow Wiz has the most natural finish and offers a wide range of shades to truly maximize your eyebrows.
Best of Beauty | Lips
- Best Lipliner – Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Pencil
- A great bang for your buck, the Exaggerate automatic lip pencils apply smoothly on the lips and are suitable on their own as a full lip color.
- Best Lipstick – MAC
- MAC has a variety of finishes as well as a wide color selection, which makes it the best brand for lipstick. My personal shade of choice for 2015 is Whirl.
- Best Liquid Lipstick – Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick
- The formula is smooth in consistency and delivers a bold color payoff without drying out your lips. My personal shade of choice for 2015 is Heathers.
Best of Beauty | Face
- Best Concealer – NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
- Over the course of the year, I learned that less is more with this product. The sleek packaging and ability to apply underneath the eyes makes it my top choice for concealer in 2015.
- Best Foundation – Lancome Teint Idole and L’oreal Infallible Pro-Matte
- Both foundations blend to a flawless finish and provide medium-to-full coverage. Lancome has a higher price point, but overall has a higher quality formulation and wide color selection. L’oreal makes up for the color selection limitations with the affordable price point and long-wearing results.
- Best Translucent Powder – Laura Mercier Smooth Focus Pressed Setting Powder
- The pressed packaging makes it great for travel, while the product itself is truly translucent. Other powders advertised as translucent tend to cast a white finish on the skin, but this powder applies to an invisible matte finish.
- Best Cheek Product – Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer
- Although it’s a bronzer, this wins as the most wearable highlighter for the average working girl. The product is finely milled so that it applies on the cheeks without leaving a chunky streak of glitter.
What were some of your favorite beauty products in 2015?
Learn my style and beauty secrets!
Gain FREE access to the resource library: