Sweaters, scarves, and boots are all style staples in the fall season. Does your closet have the essentials yet? There are several fall boot trends that I love this year, so I’m slowly checking things off my shopping list. Overall, it feels like the fall boot trends are a bit bolder, even for the everyday girl. If you haven’t had the time to browse the shoe section of your favorite store, this post will cover all your needs. Below are the 5 fall boot trends to incorporate into your style this season:
Must-Have Fall Boot Trends
1. Red Boots
Of all the fall boot trends, this is probably the most popular one on Instagram. Personally, I’ve had red shoes on my list for 2 years now. Last year, I was on the hunt for the perfect red sneaker. I never found what I was looking for, so the style of shoe on my wishlist has evolved into a red boot.
Red boots are a total statement piece. Even if you tend to stick with a neutral shoe palette, I encourage you to try on a pair and add a bit of color to your wardrobe.
Style Tips for Wearing Red Boots:
- Treat red boots like a red lip. When you want that extra oomph, skip the neutral shoes and opt for red.
- A red boot with a pointed toe adds a polished look, whereas a rounded toe and block heel keeps it sporty. Based on your personal style, grab the boot trend in a fit that seamlessly aligns with your existing wardrobe.
- Need a quick and casual outfit? Pair red boots with a graphic tee and straight leg jeans ripped at the hem.
2. Pointed Toe Boots
This is the fall boot trend that is the most wearable, regardless of your lifestyle. Grab a pair in black to keep it versatile, or double up on trends and pick them up in red. The pointed toe boot, I predict, is here to stay. Not only is it easy to style, but it’s an effortless way to look put together.
I have a silver pair that I’ve styled with a vinyl skirt and even a simple pair of jeans, but a classic black boot is on my shopping list. For me, a pointed toe is like having a strong winged liner: you instantly feel unstoppable.
Style Tips for Wearing Pointed Toe Boots:
- Swap your flats for pointed toe boots in the fall to keep your feet warm and cute.
- Incorporate a pointed toe boot into your workwear by opting for a neutral color with a narrow shaft.
- For a monochromatic look, try pairing a suede pointed boot with leather pants and a chunky knit sweater.
3. Block Heel Boots
While a stiletto heel is timeless, the block heel boot grants us all with an answer to our primary shoe concern: comfort. I walked around in 4-inch boots this past Sunday and didn’t have any huge issue with comfort thanks to the boots having a block heel.
[Related video] HOW TO STYLE WHITE BOOTS
This is a trend I believe you have to try on to fully embrace unless you’re already someone who prefers a chunky heel. It’s the perfect boot to wear during the daytime for us short girls who like added height.
Style Tips for Wearing Block Heel Boots:
- For a casual outfit, style slim jeans with a white tee, long duster jacket, and a block heel boot.
- Who says dresses can only be worn with pumps? Swap the formal with a block heel boot the next time you reach for a little black dress. It creates more of a fashion look and saves your feet by the end of the night.
4. Metallic Boots
If you’re into the flashier style, the metallic fall boot trend needs to be on your shopping list. I absolutely love this trend and am constantly reaching for the pair I own from Topshop. Most of the metallic boots in stores have a pointed toe, but there are several heel options available to fit your needs. See how I styled the boots for two different looks, here and here.
Style Tips for Wearing Metallic Boots:
- Don’t get intimidated by the shine! Treat a silver boot like a classic black — it pairs well with anything!
- For a “fashion blogger” look, show a little leg by styling metallic boots with a mini skirt (and tights if it’s too cold).
- Add a pop to your casual outfit by wearing a graphic tee, jeans, and metallic boots together instead of a simple sneaker.
5. White Boots
Last but certainly not least is the newest fall boot trend to enter my wardrobe: white boots. Featured in the most recent outfit post, white boots are another popular style this season. If you live in a state that doesn’t have a snowy fall or winter, take advantage and find a white boot to complement your style
Style Tips for Wearing White Boots
- For a retro 70s look, pair a long-sleeved minidress with a white boot that has a chunky heel.
- Keep it casual with jeans, a solid hoodie and flat white boots.
- Boots always pair well with an oversized sweater dress. Keep it monochromatic by styling boots with a chunky white sweatshirt (and tights if it’s cold).
Recap: 5 Fall Boot Trends to Boost Your Style
- Red Boots
- Pointed Toe Boots
- Block Heel Boots
- Metallic Boots
- White Boots
Which fall boot trend is your favorite?
Searching for more fall style inspiration? Check out these posts:
- 3 Must-Have Boots for Fall
- 4 Ways to Style Classic Fall Trends
- The Casual Fall Outfit | Chunky Boots + Polka Dots
FTC: This site uses affiliate links. I receive a commission for purchases or clicks made through select links in this post.
Learn my style and beauty secrets!
Gain FREE access to the resource library: