I haven’t reviewed a mascara here on the site in a very long time. Why?
- Mascara never photographs well, so it’s one of those things you have to see in person to truly view the results.
- I haven’t branched out in the mascara world since I have a few tried and true options that I keep on rotation.
Mascara is a makeup product that you don’t need to splurge on to get amazing results; however, I was curious about Lancôme’s Grandiose mascara so I decided to treat myself. After using it for a little over a month, this is what I think of the product.
Lancôme Grandiose Mascara (x)
- Available to purchase at Sephora or your local department store counter
- $32 for 0.35 oz
As provided by Sephora’s website, which you can visit for more information:
“…Revolutionary Swan Neck Wand Mascara provides exceptional length, lift, and volume to all lashes. […] This high-gloss, clump-free mascara leaves lashes fanned out with maximum length, and it is designed with long-wearing, flexible polymers, which allow for easy removal.”
- Intense pigmentation
- Looks amazing even without eyeliner
- Lifts lashes without a curler
- Lengthens and thickens lashes from root to tip
- Great for people who want to maximize their lashes without wearing falsies
- Gives the appearance of “wide awake” eyes
- Can be worn with one or two coats, clump-free
- High price point
- Slight learning curve to coating lower lashes
- Requires more concentrated efforts to remove completely
Would I Repurchase?
Below are before and after photos without liquid eyeliner applied so you can see the ‘wide awake’ difference the mascara makes. The top photo has absolutely no mascara, the middle photo has one coat applied, and the bottom photo is a closer view of the ‘after’ results, shot with a macro lens.
If you can’t tell by the A+ rating and the hard yes, I love this mascara. Do you ever purchase something with a high price point and low key hope it doesn’t work out just so you don’t have to repurchase it? That was how I felt about this mascara. But seriously, I actually am happy I decided to pick this up. Lancôme Grandiose is the most expensive mascara within my go-to mascara arsenal, but it also has the best results.
When I first experimented with makeup, I was the girl who always had to wear liquid eyeliner. A good mascara for me is one that I can wear without eyeliner and feel like my eyes don’t appear naked. Lancôme Grandiose is so bold and pigmented that I actually prefer it without eyeliner. My lashes are longer, darker, and thicker from root to tip.
Because of the steep price point, I will say this is more of a want to have rather than a need to have. Sometimes I will not want to spend $30+ on a mascara just to have flawless lashes, so if you’re in that same state of mind then you can get by with Loreal’s Miss Manga mascara. I do like this one more than Miss Manga because the results are more evenly distributed from root to tip, but it is not the only great option out there by any means.
Have you tried Lancôme’s Grandiose mascara? Check out a few of the other formulas they offer below:
Learn my style and beauty secrets!
Gain FREE access to the resource library: