It’s the sale everyone is talking about: Sephora’s Annual VIB (Rouge) sale is back! While Rouge members had early access last week, the sale opens up to everyone this Friday! To fully maximize the sale, you need to do a bit of research beforehand and have a plan of attack. Generally, there are three ways to effectively shop the sale:
- Splurge on the items you’ve always wanted but didn’t want to pay full price for.
- Save a little on the items you always use by repurchasing your essentials at a discount.
- Knock out some of your holiday shopping by picking up gift sets for friends and family.
Whatever your shopping plan may be, I’ve gathered a few tips and product recommendations to fit your needs.
This is the fun option! Those items you swatch and look at every time you’re at Sephora but pass up because of the price point? Add them to your cart! I would generally recommend staying away from makeup unless you’re venturing into the luxury brands like Natasha Denona or Kevyn Aucoin. Even then, pick a product that will last for a long time. Think highlighters and eyeshadow instead of foundation or mascara.
The best splurge items are skincare related and tools. Interested in trying a Clarisonic? Curious about one of the luxury skincare brands? Stick with the higher priced items that rarely (if ever) go on sale and take the opportunity to cross them off your wishlist. For skincare, make the most of the deal by grabbing luxury value sets. This gives you the chance to try several products without having to fully commit. Within the splurge section, these are my recommendations:
The saver is who I typically end up being during the sale. I’m always looking to refine my collection down to what I truly need, and sales are a good time to do a little inventory of my own. Not all essentials are created equal, so skip the items that go on sale elsewhere and stick with high priced products. Of my must-haves, these are the things I’d lean towards purchasing during the sale:
- Primer: Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Refining Primer
- Tools: Beauty Blender ‘Blends for All Seasons’ Set (4-pk)
- Tools: Clarisonic Replacement Brush Head Twin Pack
- Skincare: GlamGlow Supermud Clearing Treatment
- Makeup: Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Matte Foundation
- Fragrance: Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black Perfume
Last but not least is the gifter. It’s already November, we’re a few weeks away from Thanksgiving, and Christmas will be here before you know it! If buying for yourself isn’t your cup of tea, get a headstart on holiday shopping. Similar to the splurge tips, I recommend giving the recipient a wider variety by purchasing value sets and trial sizes instead of a single full-sized item. I shied away from makeup for splurgers and savers, but the gifter has free reign over this category. Below are my makeup and gift set recommendations:
- Too Faced Boss Lady Agenda
- Kat Von D Everlasting Mini Liquid Lipstick Set (8-pc)
- Stila Eye for Elegance Liquid Eye Set (6-pc)
- Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick Set (8-pc)
- Lancome Glow For It Highlighter Palette
The sale runs from November 10-15, so get your shopping carts ready! P.S. Check out the tips and shopping list I shared last year during the sale for even more shopping inspiration.
What do you plan to purchase during the sale?
Don’t forget the Sephora Sale Codes:
- VIB Rouge: 20FORROUGE
- VIB: 20FORVIB
- Beauty Insider: INSIDER15
FTC: This site uses affiliate links. I receive a commission for purchases or clicks made through select links in this post.
Join the Style Club!