Spring took a long time to get here, but that didn’t stop Summer! Our first 90º day happened a few weeks ago and now there’s no looking back. With that being said, it’s time to switch up your beauty products to match the season. We love a good full face and matte lip in the wintertime, but now is the time freshen up and rock a summer glow!
You don’t have to drip in body oil (although that’s one of my recommendations) to glow, though. Even if you want a subtle sheen, there’s a product out there to fulfill your need. Keep reading below to find out you can have radiant summer glow makeup!
5 Ways to Achieve a Summer Glow
1. Body Oil or Body Luminizer
Fenty Beauty brought back a resurgence of body glow products, and now is the time to find your match. Their Body Lava formula is more of a gel with glitter in it, whereas something like the NARS Body Glow is more of an oil-based formula with a fine shimmer.
Body oils can get a little expensive, though. If you live in a climate where you aren’t in shorts 24/7, try a DIY alternative to see what you think of the product. Mix a loose powder highlighter with a drugstore body oil to achieve the same result for less.
2. Hydrating Lotion
What good is a body oil if your skin isn’t hydrated? I’m trying out the Brazilian Bum Bum Cream right now, more on that in a future post, but I typically wear the Vaseline and Nivea brands for body lotion.
For hand creams, L’occitane is definitely top tier. I have yet to find a lotion that moisturizes my hands as well as theirs. Compared to drugstore lotions, it’s a bit pricey but absolutely worth it.
3. Natural Finish Foundation
Even us oily girls have to embrace a bit of sheen in the summertime. While I can probably achieve the look with a matte foundation, those of you with normal or dry skin can get the summer glow with a radiant foundation.
- Apply with a beauty blender for the most natural finish.
- Keep blotting papers nearby just in case you get too shiny throughout the day.
NARS All Day Luminous Foundation was my favorite for Spring last year, but right now I’m a regular user of Bobbi Brown’s Skin Long-Wear Foundation.
4. Face Highlighter
Of all the products to use this summer, your favorite highlighter should be at the top of the list. For the best application, I like to apply cheek highlight using a fan brush instead of an angled contour brush. Don’t be afraid to venture beyond your cheekbones, either! A summer sheen should be everywhere.
- Use the highlighter across your collarbones to make the body oil pop
- Dust a golden highlight across your eyelids for a shimmery makeup look.
- If you have loose powder highlight, you can even mix it with a clear nail polish to add sparkle to your nails.
5. Lip Gloss
This is the easiest and most subtle way to dip your toe into a summer beauty trend. Is it just me, or is liquid lipstick slowly losing its sparkle? I know I’m personally taking an extended break from liquid lipstick and choosing neutral gloss instead.
- Summer is about a natural glow, so choose gloss that mimics your own lip color.
- Not a fan of color? Clear lip gloss will never go out of style.
- For more oomph, try out a lip topper or gloss with flecks of golden glitter.
I love the shades Ellarie and Shayla each created with ColourPop. Both look good worn alone or paired with your favorite nude lipstick. The best part is ColourPop makes some of the more affordable formulas, going for just $6 a piece.
Which method will you use the most this summer?
Shop summer glow makeup below:
Love this post? You may also like:
- 9 Spring Beauty Essentials | Makeup Bag Buys
- Spring Beauty Edit | 3 Trends to Try
- Red Liquid Lipsticks for Dark Skin
FTC: This site uses affiliate links. I receive a commission for purchases or clicks made through select links in this post.
Join the Style Club!