We’ve talked about maximizing your wardrobe by learning how to transition your pieces from season to season. I showed how to do this with your favorite tank, but what about crop tops? They’re still very much on trend, so almost everyone has at least one. What are you to do once the temperature drops? Well, I have a quick solution today.
This look is very much a peak of summer outfit, as we have:
- Bare arms
- High-waisted denim shorts
- The out of your face ponytail
- Bold bright lipstick
- Vibrant, highlighter nails
- Open-toed sandals
While everything about the “before” screams Summer, it’s still possible to take the crop top into Fall. The key is to layer up and wear pants.
This is the final look, which is appropriate for Fall. While I’m still wearing the crop top, it’s no longer the focal point of the outfit. Instead, it’s the base of a layered look. Here’s how I transitioned this look from Summer to Fall:
- Added a lightweight flannel to keep me cool. If it gets too warm, there’s always the trendy option of tying the flannel around the waist. When functional, this is a trend I don’t mind.
- I’ve mentioned before I don’t like baring my midriff, so switching high-waisted shorts for high-waisted denim was a must.
- I’m able to wear my hair styled down more comfortably in Fall, so I took down the ponytail and let the waves roam free.
- A bright pink lip would look silly with this darker color palette, so I switched out the pink for a deep red lipstick.
- Although not pictured, I also swapped out yellow nails for a rich berry polish.
- Sandals may work during the day, but opting for booties keeps the look appropriate well into the night.
To achieve this look, the key transition pieces you need are:
- Flannel – Option 1, 2, 3
- High-waisted denim- Option 1, 2, 3
- Booties- Option 1, 2, 3
- Berry lipstick – Option 1, 2, 3
- Berry nail polish – Option 1, 2, 3
Do you have any summer pieces you’re looking to wear well into Fall?
Join the Style Club!