Hope everyone had a fun and safe 4th of July! I didn’t post a festive outfit this year since I don’t have a lot of patriotic colors in my wardrobe, but I did post one last year that can be worn during any time of the year if you’re interested. On another note, I’ve been on a beauty binge lately. I don’t know what it is, but my friends and I have been obsessed with watching beauty videos on Youtube. With so many recent makeup purchases, I have both beauty and fashion favorites to share with you all this time around.
- Day Dresses – I used this Urban Outfitters dress for the photo, but my fashion favorite is actually the day dress in general. It’s so uncomfortably hot in Texas right now that I’m reaching for lightweight items like dresses, rompers, and skirts when I know I’m going to be outside for a while. I suggest every girl stock up on dresses, especially during the summer. There’s something about putting a dress on that makes me feel very put together and confident without putting in much effort.
- Aviator Style Sunglasses – The aviator shape is the most flattering style of sunglasses, so it’s always a favorite. I purchased this pair along with a solid black pair from Forever 21, but I reach for this color every day.
- Halogen ‘Rian‘ Sandals – These sandals were a birthday gift from my mom. I don’t own anything else by this brand, but my first impression is definitely positive. I think they look so chic with basically anything, and they’re very comfortable to wear. It’s not visible in the picture, but the sandal has a gold plate detail on the heel that matches the strap.
- Steve Madden ‘Plungee‘ Wedges – You guys, when I say I have never worn a more comfortable pair of wedges, I mean I have never worn a more comfortable pair of wedges. Wedges are my favorite heel in general because I find them the easiest to walk in for long hours at a time without getting that anxious feeling of needing to take off your shoes. I’ve been looking since March for a versatile summer wedge, and as usual, I found these when I wasn’t even looking. The sole of the wedge has a little cushion, which makes them easy to wear despite the high heel.
- Benefit’s “The Porefessional“ – This product has completely changed my opinion on primers. After running out of the free sample I received from Ulta, I had to go back and splurge for the full-sized bottle. Regardless of whether I’m wearing powder, liquid, or mineral foundation, The Porefessional really helps my makeup apply smoothly and last longer.
- Covergirl Queen Bronzer – The problem with loving this bronzer is that Covergirl Queen is extremely hard to find in stores. My mom found them both for me after I asked her to keep an eye out for the brand. I wanted this bronzer after watching a youtube video of Missy Lynn, and wanted both because I wasn’t sure which color would look right on my skin tone. The lighter shade is “Brown Bronze” and looks so naturally beautiful, it provides a golden glow without being shimmery. The deeper shade is “Ebony Bronze” and has red undertones, so I apply this extremely lightly in conjunction with Brown Bronze when I want a little contour. It is very dark though, so I have to use a light hand and low-density brush.
- Makeup Geek shadows in “Creme Brulee” and “Cocoa Bear“ – I won’t say much about these since I have a review coming up later this week, but they are in my favorites so that sums up my overall opinion. I love to wear these for simple eye looks.
- OPI “I Just Can’t Cope-Acabana” Polish – I like this on my fingers, but I love it on my toes. Some colors are made for toes, and this is one of them. It’s a beautifully opaque yellow from OPI’s Brazil collection, which overall has a pretty color selection.
- NYX Butter Gloss in “Tiramisu“ – This shade of lip gloss is the perfect topper for lipstick shades that are of the neutral or pink variety. It’s a very natural color, so it also looks good when worn alone. Much like the other butter products, this lip gloss applies smoothly and doesn’t leave a sticky feeling.
- Forever Sunshine lotion – The essential summer scent. It’s very warm and smells like the beach. I can’t really explain it, you just have to try it and fall in love.
- MUFE “Smoky Extravagant” mascara – Don’t you just love it when free samples end up being amazing? I got the baby version of this mascara from Sephora as my free birthday gift, and it’s the first mascara I’ve tried that has better results than Diorshow. This mascara makes my lashes the longest I’ve ever seen, and it actually looks better without eyeliner. I know everyone is waiting on Urban Decay’s “Perversion” mascara, which I also want to sample, but I suggest giving Makeup Forever a shot.
- NYX Retractable Color Eyeliner – I’ve recently gotten into applying a colorful liner on my waterline when the rest of my makeup is very neutral. It adds a subtle hint of color and feels very appropriate for the summertime.
What are some of your current favorites?