DRESS: Urban Outfitters | | SHOES: Sam Edelman | JACKET: Zara
SUNGLASSES: Quay Australia* | JEWELRY: Jenny Bird | BAG: Forever 21*
The Summer Maxi Dress | OOTD
This dress makes me feel like a walking bowl of sunshine. A summer maxi dress is always a good idea, but I especially loved this one when I saw it in Urban Outfitters because of the color. I typically wear printed maxi dresses, but every once in a while I switch it up with a solid color.
The maxi dress has two moderately low slits on the side to make it easy to move around in. The fabric itself is sturdier than what I normally go for, but the neckline sold me. It favors a halter neckline although the back of the dress is covered, and can be adjusted to fit your own style preference. I kept the dress loose for a casual daytime look, but it can be worn two ways! The summer maxi dress comes with a thin yellow tie that you can use to cinch the waist if you’re wanting to wear the dress to a fancier occasion.
Tips for Styling a Maxi Dress
I mentioned in this week’s summer essentials video that everyone needs at least one maxi dress in their wardrobe. The best part is, styling is super simple! Below are a few quick and easy style tips for your next maxi dress outfit:
- Tip 1: Keep it simple. Whether printed or solid, maxi dresses can really stand on their own.
- Tip 2: Wear shoes that will keep the length of the maxi dress on the floor. If the dress isn’t long enough to achieve this with wedges, stick with flat sandals.
- Tip 3: The ultimate summer maxi style? Wear your hair in a top knot (or high, messy bun) with large hoop earrings and a glossy lip.
Maxi dresses are my favorite things to wear during the summertime. Really, all dresses! They’re stylish and extremely comfortable, so they’re a great way to feel put together without wearing too many layers.
Shop the Yellow Maxi Dress Trend:
Love this post? You may also like:
- Styling the Shirtdress
- The Handkerchief Maxi Dress
- Finding the Perfect Spring Dress
- The Yellow Lace-Up Dress
FTC: This site uses affiliate links. I receive a commission for purchases or clicks made through select links in this post.