Favorites time! Personally, this has been one trying month so I for one couldn’t be happier that we’ve finally reached the end. I’m very much looking forward to May. After all, April showers are meant to bring May flowers. Anyways, let me first warn you that this post is picture heavy. Why? Because I have a decent amount of favorites this month, and I’ve included a few miscellaneous things as well to keep it interesting, so let’s get started.
- Caress Forever Collection Body Wash
- Body by Victoria Lotion and Body Spray
- Balenciaga’s Rosabotanica Perfume
Victoria’s Secret Body by Victoria Fragrance
I’m not one to purchase the lotion or body mists from Bath and Body Works or Victoria’s Secret anymore, but I had to test Body by Victoria out after Nicole Guerrero mentioned it as an all time favorite in one of her videos. It’s not my usual warm scent that I’m drawn to, but Body by Victoria smells so good I had to have it. The fragrance is very powerful, not to mention the packaging is really cute. Per the VS website, the notes are crushed leaves, freesia, and water hyacinth. In my opinion, it smells like a fresh summer scent with a hint of sweetness. I actually purchased another scent during that same trip, but I haven’t used it yet because I’ve been pairing Body by Victoria with another favorite I haven’t stopped using: Caress.
Caress ‘Adore Forever’ Body Wash
You all know I’ve been on a Philosophy brand kick with my shower scents. I have ceased using those for now because of Caress’s Forever Collection body wash. One of my friends introduced me to this particular collection, which is advertised to have a 12hr fragrance release. I’ve used Caress in the past so I figured I would like this, but the scent is what sold me. The collection unfortunately only has two scent options–I bought both: Adore Forever and Love Forever–but they smell totally different from the normal Caress body wash. They really do have more of a fragrance type of smell.
Balenciaga’s Rosabotanica Perfume
Rosabotanica is another scent that isn’t a typical one for me, but I love it. It’s perfect for spring because it smells very fresh and floral in a natural way rather than an artificial flowery fragrance way. I adore the stripes and floral packaging because that’s my favorite print mix. The perfume itself has a great lasting power–as it should, considering the brand–and it will take a while to run out because one or two sprays goes a long way.
- Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment
- Sally Hansen Triple Shine Nail Polish in Hypnautical
- NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder
- Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Tower of Mauve
Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment
I’ve wanted to try this macadamia oil for a while, but didn’t want to pay nearly $15 for such a small product. Luckily, I caught it on clearance at Ulta for under $4. When my hair is curly, I am all about oil and retaining moisture. What stood out with this oil in comparison to my usual products is the scent. I love that I can smell this product on my hair. While it’s not enough to use as the only oil, I usually use it to double up before adding any sort of styling product.
NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder
I purchased this NYX eyebrow powder on a whim. I haven’t had any luck finding my usual BareMinerals eyebrow pencil, which led me to trying this out as a placeholder. Before I switched to pencils, I used eyebrow powder. I like using this with Anastasia’s brow brush over the brush that comes with the powder because it’s thinner. While brow powder isn’t as quick as pencil, it still gives the natural result I like to achieve. I also appreciate the wax that comes with powder because my eyebrows never seem to stay in place on their own.
Rimmel Moisture Renew Tower of Mauve Lipstick
I’ve gravitated towards nude and natural lip shades this season. Tower of Mauve is a slightly more pink version of my natural lip color, which makes it great for everyday use. The lipstick feels smooth and hydrating, but the only downside is it has a very flowery, artificial fragrance.
- Office Stationery and Supplies
- The notebook pictured above was given to me by one of my friends, isn’t it cute? I love the floral print so much that I don’t even want to use it and mess up the cover with creases. To the left of the notebook are the office finds from Target’s $1 spot section. The clipboard was separate, but the pen and list set all came in a pack for $3. I love going to that section and finding little knickknacks.
- 10 Songs I’ve had on repeat this month:
- Star67 – Drake
- Blue – Marina and the Diamonds
- Alright – Kendrick Lamar
- All Day – Kanye West
- Hood Go Crazy – Tech N9ne
- You Can’t Take it With You – As Tall As Lions
- BBHMM – Rihanna
- Eye of the Needle – Sia
- Feels Like We Only Go Backwards – Tame Impala
- 3 albums I’ve consistently played:
- Froot by Marina and the Diamonds
- If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late by Drake
- Turn Blue by The Black Keys
- 2 books I’m enjoying:
- The Food Babe Way by Vani Hari (a fellow blogger!)
- The Daily Book of Positive Quotations by Linda Picone
- 1 blog I’ve loved visiting:
- Kind of Luxe by Mindy
- Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black (mentioned in January Favorites)
- Milani Matte Naked Lipstick (mentioned in February Favorites)
- ELF Cream Eyeliner (mentioned in March Favorites)
As usual, make sure to check out the previous monthly favorites for a more detailed look into my recurring favorites. I wanted to add music to this month because between going to the gym more often and being able to listen to music at work, I spend a huge portion of my day with headphones on. What were some things you loved this month?