Happy Thursday! If you’re on the e-mail list, then you knew ahead of time to keep an eye out for a review on the blog today! If you aren’t on the e-mail list yet, click here to sign up and stay informed! In this week’s newsletter, I briefly touched on the trend of social media overhyping products. The challenge with going into anything with expectations is that you’re likely going to feel underwhelmed. Today, Sol de Janeiro’s Brazilian Bum Bum Cream is up for discussion. Keep reading to find out if it’s worth a purchase!
The Brazilian Bum Bum Cream Overview
- Price ranges from $20-45
- The full-sized product is 8.1 oz
- A mini version is available, containing 2.5 oz of product
- Available for purchase through Sephora, Amazon, and Sol de Janeiro’s site
- Guaraná: Supports natural circulation, boosts energy, and smooths skin; contains five times the caffeine of coffee.
- Cupuaçu Butter: Full of fatty-acids, phytosterols, and polyphenols to lock in moisture and help restore skin’s elasticity
- Açaí: The antioxidant powerhouse packed into one superfruit helps keep skin looking and feeling young.
- Coconut Oil: Melts easily into the skin to soften, condition, and moisturize.
(via Sephora’s website)
- Great for all skin types (Normal, Dry, Sensitive, Oily, and Combination)
- Fast-Absorbing body cream
- Will help tighten and smooth the look of skin
- A solution for dryness, dullness, uneven texture, and loss of firmness or elasticity
(via Sephora’s website)
The Brazilian Bum Bum Cream Review
- The smell is incredible. Perfect for summer and it stays all day.
- The packaging is eye-catching and compact. I’d imagine it’s great for travel.
- The cream itself doesn’t feel hydrating.
- Expensive, considering the amount provided.
- The packaging is both a pro and a con. The not so good part is that it doesn’t have a pump, so you have to use your hands or purchase a mini spatula-like product to get the cream out of its container.
Pass or Purchase?
Pass. If you’re curious, I’d recommend trying out the mini size once just to see if it will work for you.
Overall, I think this product is overhyped and overpriced, considering how much you get per container. I purchased a mini trio set during a sale after hearing rave reviews and seeing the product all over social media. Ultimately, the best thing about the Brazilian Bum Bum Cream is the scent. Everything else, I’d rather use a different lotion or body cream. The cream has a bright vanilla-coconut scent that I tend to look for in summer fragrances. What I find most impressive is that the scent actually stays all day.
I didn’t purchase it with expectations regarding firming or lifting, so I was neither surprised nor disappointed by the results. I didn’t notice any difference in my skin’s appearance, my main issue with the body cream is the lack of hydration.
It reminds me of a mix between how sunscreen feels hours after it’s applied and how overly fragrant lotions from Victoria’s Secret or Bath & Body Works feel after a few hours. I wish the lotion was more hydrating from within. Instead, it feels like the lotion just sits on the surface rather than absorbing and penetrating the skin. I tried to hold out as I was testing the product, but I ended up treating the cream as a topper for a few days. After applying a moisturizing lotion, I’d apply the body cream on top for the summer fragrance.
I browsed Sephora’s website to see what other options they have for this product, and they do have a few options aside from the cream. Because of the scent, I’m interested in trying out their fragrance mist or shower cream. In the past, a fragrance could completely extend the length of time that I love a mediocre product.
If you’re curious about the Sol de Janeiro brand, shop some of their products below:
Love this post? You may also like:
- How to Achieve a Summer Glow
- Review | NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint
- Swatches | ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip
FTC: This site uses affiliate links. I receive a commission for purchases or clicks made through select links in this post.