Happy Monday! Is it just me or did this past weekend end too soon? Compared to the past few weekends spent at SXSW, this one was pretty mellow. Friday night I saw Love, Simon in theaters and even though it’s geared towards teens, I still really enjoyed the movie. I spent Saturday basically running errands and trying to find wedges and a straw bag. I walked away empty-handed, so please let me know your recs if there are any stores selling cute options! Yesterday, I enjoyed a relaxing day filled with late brunch and my very first facial! I was totally out of my element, but it felt nice to just relax and get pampered after a tiring week. With that being said, I’m ready to take on this week!
Off the Shoulder Striped Dress | OOTD
The dress featured in today’s outfit post was included in my spring try-on haul video. I mentioned it isn’t my typical style, but I really have fallen in love with it. Shift dresses and other loose, breathable outfits are going to be staples in my spring and summer wardrobe as the temperature heats up. I wore this dress to travel in because of its comfort level, but it ended up turning into a cute daytime look.
Tips for Styling a Striped Dress
I mentioned stripes as one of the trends to wear this Spring, but how exactly do you style it when you’re wearing the trend as a dress? Below are a few of my tips to get you started:
- Tip 1: For even more of a Spring inspired look, top the outfit off with a straw hat or bag.
- Tip 2: Stripes make a statement on their own, so keep jewelry minimal and delicate when wearing the trend.
- Tip 3: Look for a striped dress with ruffles or in a shift dress style for a casual daytime outfit.
- Tip 4: Style a striped dress with nude wedges to accentuate your legs without losing comfort.
What do you think of the striped trend?
Shop Striped Dresses:
Love this post? You may also like:
- Spring Trends | Try-On Haul
- The Spring Edit | 5 Fashion Trends for the Season
- How to Develop Your Personal Style
FTC: This site uses affiliate links. I receive a commission for purchases or clicks made through select links in this post.