Is anyone else a mascara hopper? While I always keep my favorite of the moment in stock, I do like to venture out and try different mascaras when one catches my eye. Mascaras are the easiest thing to switch out because you don’t have to worry about color matching to your skin tone or having potential breakouts from an unsatisfactory product. Be it high-end or low-end, there are great finds no matter your shopping preference. Listed below are my top five favorite mascaras, with a brief mention of what they’re best for.
Top Five Mascaras
- Diorshow Exstase – Best for shocking length and added volume, this mascara’s wand gives an added curl to your lashes.
- L’Oreal Telescopic – If strictly length is your mascara need, L’Oreal Telescopic in Carbon Black is the best drugstore mascara to fit the job. The flexible wand gives full control and separation while coating the lashes.
- Makeup Forever Smoky Extravagant – An amazing lengthening mascara that gives curl to your lashes, this mascara is a game changer for die-hard eyeliner wearers. I don’t know what it is about the formula, but the finish of Smoky Extravagant looks the best when worn without upper eyeliner. The tapered wand reaches every lash and creates a wide awake effect.
- L’Oreal Voluminous Manga – This mascara is the most recent purchase of mine, but instantly shot to the favorites list. L’Oreal in general is the best drugstore mascara brand, but the Manga formula in conjunction with the bristles on this wand provided high-end results for more than half the price. For only $9, Manga provides incredible length AND the right amount of volume.
- Maybelline Mega Plush Volum’ Express – Honestly, the entire Volum’ Express line is worth a purchase, but the mega plush product in particular provides excellent volume.
What’s your favorite mascara?