You’ve probably seen a lot of these on the web over the past few weeks. Lookbooks are my favorite posts (and posts to read) but they take so much time to create that I usually opt out of them. However, I noticed a trend with many back to school lookbooks this year: the lack of a dress code. Sure, you know to swap out those cutoffs for jeans, or to switch the belly-baring tee for a longer option, but isn’t the whole idea of a lookbook focused on school to be school-appropriate already?
The Dress Code Rules
The lack of a dress code is what inspired me to create this lookbook. I’ve been out of school for 3 years now, and I’ve been out of high school for 6 years. Dress codes may have changed a bit since then, so my outfits are focused around staying within the key rules that I think still apply:
- Shorts/Skirts/Dresses must be longer than your fingertips.
- Sleeveless tops must be layered with something over them.
- No extremely holey jeans.
- Shirts should cover your stomach if you lift up your arms.
To keep this post from being extremely long, I put the pictures in a slideshow format. I’m not sure if I prefer it that way or not, so let me know what you think!
Where to Buy
- For the Trendy Girl —- Plaid – Graphic Tank – Jeans – Sneaker Wedges
- For the Girly Girl —- Denim Jacket – Printed Dress – Boots
- For the Casual Girl —- Chambray Shirt – Graphic Tank – Jeans – Boots
- For the Comfort Girl —- Slouchy Tee – Scarf – Jeans – Flats
- For the Minimalist Girl —- Oversized Tee – Maxi Skirt – Flats – Scarf
- For the Glam Girl —- Denim Jacket – Graphic Tee – Harem Pants – Loafers
What’s your go-to school style?