After going ombré, I knew my hair would suffer some damage. I mean, it was bleached and all. The issue with dye damage is that it’s a lot more visible now that I wear my hair curly most of the time. When I primarily wore it straight, as long as I deep conditioned it then it would look okay. With curls, dye damage effects the “liveliness” of the curl. I purchased Shea Moisture products because I wanted something that focused on moisturizing and reviving curls.
Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Products
The price is around $10-$12 for each 13-ounce bottle. They are made with sea kelp and argan oil to help heal, grow, and strengthen damaged or dry hair.
- Keeps hair moisturized
- Sulfate Free
- Very mild scent
- Little product needed for max results
- Deep conditioner leaves hair soft and tangle-free
- Hair feels clean and bouncy, not stringy
- Helps maximize natural curl pattern
- Free of sulfates, parabens, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance, animal ingredients, and more
- Pricey compared to drugstore shampoos
- Only works well with natural styling
- Alternate shampoo is needed for days when wearing hair straight
- Shampoo doesn’t come as a pump bottle (only conditioner does)
This product line is really great for getting the health back into your hair after dyeing or using frequent heat. Bleaching half of my hair caused a disconnect with the curls that were dyed and the curls that were not. The bottom half of my hair now has a looser curl because of the bleach, while the top half kept it’s curl pattern. The deep conditioner in particular really helps add the moisture back to the bleached part of my hair.
I also noticed that I don’t have to use as much styling product when washing and conditioning with Shea Moisture. Because it enhances my curls so well, I really only need a little styling product for taming purposes. On its own, Shea Moisture does a great job with creating a touchable curl.
Where to Purchase
Have you tried any products from the Shea Moisture line?
For more curly hair must-haves, check out the post I wrote listing four key things every curly girl needs.