It’s sweater weather season, and I couldn’t be happier about it! Living in Texas, I keep my sweater collection down to the bare minimum. I will typically have one black sweater, one earth-toned option, and the style staple: the chunky sweater. The one featured today is by the brand Nicholas, which I added to one of my monthly Rent the Runway subscriptions. Ready to talk knit?
Style Staple #9 | The Chunky Sweater
Finding the perfect sweater can be a bit of a challenge, so I’ve rounded up my picks to help you select your ultimate chunky sweater below. But first, let’s chat about why the chunky knit is a style staple. Staples are all about versatility, longevity, and quality. Depending on where you live, you may be able to maximize a sweater’s versatility for up to 9 months out of the year.
- In Fall, the air is finally crisp, and it’s the ultimate sweater weather season.
- In Winter, those of us in a warmer climate can finally get some reprieve and live in long sleeves.
- In Spring, the hint of a chill in the air remains, which is the perfect excuse to stretch your wear time.
Sweaters are a must-have in general, but a chunky knit is my preferred fit when curating a capsule wardrobe because the fit is generally breathable without being oversized. The semi-fitted style increases your ROI by making it easier to repurpose across different outfits and occasions.
- Are you heading to the office? Style a chunky sweater with slim pants and a heeled boot.
- If you’re looking for a quick weekend outfit, a chunky sweater paired with your favorite denim and an athletic shoe is great for running errands.
- To create a trendy outfit for going to brunch with friends, layer the chunky sweater over a floral print dress.
Shop the selection of chunky knits below to find your new favorite sweater!
FTC: This post contains affiliate links, meaning, I receive a small commission when purchases are made using the links provided. Please help support the site by shopping the links!