Welcome to Festival Week here on Venti Fashion! Well, at least I’m declaring it festival week. Why? Because I’m going to Austin City Limits this weekend with two friends. While I’ve been to plenty of concerts and live shows, I’ve never been to a full blown music festival. I’m beyond excited and figured why not “document” my experience here to help out other people who may attend a music festival for the first time.
First up with this series is the makeup bag. I tend to overpack when I have to travel because I’d rather be over-prepared than underprepared. I don’t want to rely on one thing and then the day arrives and I don’t feel like wearing it. With makeup, I’m a little more reasonable because my looks are always neutral. Let’s start with what I’m packing for my face:
Since Austin City Limits (ACL) is an outdoor 3-day music festival, I want to keep face makeup to a minimum. I plan on only wearing NARS concealer and BareMinerals mineral powder, but I’m packing a few liquid face options as an alternate. I highly doubt I’ll wear the pro-matte foundation because I wore it to the Lydia concert and felt like my face was melting by the end of the night, but I’d rather have it as an alternate than leave it at home. Plus, the weather finally has a chill to it so the Texas heat isn’t totally unbearable right now.
I’m also packing the Laura Mercier translucent pressed powder, which was recently featured in my favorites, because I’ll definitely need to touch up my face throughout the day. Translucent powder has become my new best friend in the face makeup realm, and the pressed version is perfect for travel.
- Tarte Clean Slate Poreless Primer
- Loreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
- BareMinerals Matte Loose Powder
- Laura Mercier Smooth Focus Pressed Powder
- L’Oreal True Match Liquid Glow Illuminator
- Anastasia Brow Wiz Pencil
As for the eyes, I’m pretty much sticking to my usual go-to: NYX Ibiza on the lid, and MakeupGeek’s Creme Brulee in the crease. Although the eyeshadow will stay consistent, I’m bringing a few eyeliner options to add a little flair each day.
- Diorshow Mascara
- NYC Liquid Eyeliner
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil
- BareMinerals Round the Clock Eyeliner
- NYX Purple Glaze Eyeliner
- NYX Single Eyeshadow in Ibiza
- MakeupGeek Eyeshadow Quad
Lip products are my favorite in the makeup world. I have been extremely into different lip combinations, so I wanted to pack a few favorites. Of course I need to have a red lip option so I’m taking MAC’s Diva, but I mostly want to stick with daytime neutrals.
- MAC Soar Lip Pencil
- MAC Plum Lip Pencil
- MAC Velvet Teddy Lipstick
- MAC Twig Lipstick
- MAC Amorous Lipstick
- MAC Diva Lipstick
- Rimmel Exaggerate Lipliner in Rich
- Essence Lipliner in Soft Berry
- Milani Color Statement Lipliner in Cocoa
- Maybelline Matte Lipstick in Nude Nuance
What are some makeup products you take when you travel?