Andddd we’re back to talk more about style staples! The third staple in the series is a pair of white sneakers! Before I share tips on styling them, be sure to go back and read any of the previous posts from the series linked below:
The Style Staple Series (So Far)
- What are Wardrobe Staples? | Introduction
- How to Style a Watch with Any Outfit | Staple #1: Watch
- Tips to Style a Leather Jacket Year-Round | Staple #2: Leather Jackets
Style Staple #3: White Sneakers
Even if you aren’t a sneakerhead, having one good pair of white sneakers is an absolute must. Why? A pair of white sneakers will dress down any outfit and is the perfect “running errands but still want to look put together” shoe. Not only that, but sneakers are also the perfect go-to shoe when you want to achieve the effortlessly cool aesthetic.
I kept my outfit simple yet stylish by layering on nothing but style staples: a white tee, black jeans, and a camel coat for a touch of color. If you don’t know where to begin with styling white sneakers, below are a few quick and easy tips to put together enough outfits for a 5-day week:
Tips for Styling White Sneakers
- Day 1: Keep it simple and recreate my look! Grab your favorite cotton tee, black pants, and throw on your white sneakers. Adding a third layer, like a camel or colorful coat, will level-up the look and make the outfit appear more intentional rather than haphazardly thrown together.
- Day 2: This look is for the fashion enthusiasts. I didn’t understand the appeal of wearing a dressier skirt with sneakers until I spent the majority of my day walking around the city. The trick is with balance. Pick your favorite maxi or midi skirt, throw on a semi-fitted pullover, and finish the look with sneakers. The pullover keeps the outfit casual and ties in the sneakers, while the skirt adds interest. | See it here
- Day 3: Daytime dresses and sneakers are a match made in casual heaven! Pair a form-fitting t-shirt dress with a pair of white sneakers and throw your hair in a messy bun. To enhance the athleisure look, add a belt bag across your chest instead of carrying around a crossbody. | See it here
- Day 4: Switch up the fit of the daytime dress! Style a flowy, printed dress with a neutral crossbody bag and white sneakers for a classic Spring outfit. | See it here
- Day 5: Monochromatic outfits are always a good idea. An all-black outfit will make the white sneakers pop, so try pairing a black semi-fitted top with ankle-baring slim or cigarette pants. This is one of my personal favorite ways to style white sneakers. Tip: It looks the absolute best when the top has elbow-length sleeves and is loosely tucked into the front of your pants. | See it here
Those are just a few outfit ideas to get you started, and you still have two days to put together your own looks for the weekend! For even more outfit ideas, I recommend checking out this article from Who What Wear that showcases over 90 different looks featuring sneakers.
3 White Sneaker Styles to Add to Your Closet
If you haven’t found your perfect white sneaker yet, don’t worry! Nike is my go-to athletic shoe brand because I can typically wear them both in and outside of the gym. That being said, I have my eyes on a pair of chunky dad sneakers from Adidas and Fila. After wearing my printed sneakers for several months, I’ve been itching to pick up a white style as well. To help you find your perfect sneaker, I’ve curated a selection of my picks below including dad sneakers, luxury sneakers, and sneakers under $100:
Luxury White Sneakers
White Sneakers Under $100
How do you style your white sneakers?
FTC: This post contains affiliate links, meaning, a small commission is received when purchases are made through the links provided. Please show your support by shopping the links!