Happy Tuesday! If you haven’t noticed, I’ve been trying out a new trend once a month all season long. I’ve tried coordinated prints, colorful stripes, and the straw bag trend so far. While some have worked more than others, I’ve found it to be a fun challenge. This month, we’re taking a stab at the belt bag trend.
Tips for Styling the Belt Bag
This trend is a bit odd because although I feel like it comes with a bit of trial and error, I also feel like it’s relatively easy to style! If you recall from my summer bags video, I shared belt bags as one of the trends I’m loving! This is the first look I put together with the bag, and I think it’s a work in progress! I like the idea of pairing a graphic and shorts with boots for an easy, casual look.
The one thing I would change about this outfit is the top and shorts I paired together. I love them both separately, but together I think they can get a bit boxy. That being said, I do love the look of a graphic tee and shorts with the belt bag. Next time, I would swap the stretchy shorts for more fitted denim and the boxy tee with a lighter fabric.
- Think of your belt bag as a key component of the outfit and build your look around it.
- Wear colors that complement the bag rather than clash. Don’t overthink it, pair colors together that you naturally would.
- Don’t be afraid to throw in prints! If you need help mixing prints, be sure to check out this post! With a belt bag, start small by sticking with one print for the outfit and a solid color for the bag.
- If you aren’t totally convinced on the belt bag, ease into it by wearing it across your chest! It’s surprisingly comfortable and actually feels more stylish with most outfits.
Would I try the trend again?
Honestly, yes! I actually would style the bag a little differently the next time around, but I love the hands-free convenience of having a belt bag. There’s zero chance of you setting your purse down and leaving it somewhere, and as someone who has lost their wallet on more than one occasion, that’s a pretty high selling point.
Shop some of my favorite belt bags:
What do you think? Are you sold on belt bags yet? Also, what do you prefer to call them?
Love this post? Check out past “Trying Trends” posts:
- 5 Tips for Trying New Trends
- Trying Trends | Matching Co-Ords
- Trying Trends | Bold Stripes
- Trying Trends | The Straw Bag
FTC: Not sponsored. A small commission is received for any purchases made through affiliate links. Please be kind and use them to show your support!