Disclaimer: These products were sent to me to try out; however, a product review was not required or requested. I just thought it would be a good idea to update you all since I shared the initial unboxing–you can find that here.
After receiving the Proganix Quench box in late September, I finally finished using most of the products last month.
Proganix Quench Products
What Was Included
- Quench Shampoo Moisturizing + Nourish
- Quench Conditioner Moisturizing + Nourish
- Quench Moisture Balm
- Quench Leave-in Moisture + Nourish
- The products claim to transform dry parched hair into hydrated, silky perfection
- The products have a lightweight blend infused with coconut water, electrolytes, and coconut oil
- Prices range from $7-$12
- Sulfate-free shampoo
- Affordable price point
- Shampoo/Conditioner did not cause or leave build-up
- Products have a pleasant, consistent smell
- Moisture balm works as a great alternative for gel
- Moisture balm doesn’t harden/flake
- Spray is lightweight
- Great packaging for the moisture balm
- Shampoo/Conditioner caused dry hair over time
- Packaging for shampoo/conditioner isn’t ideal
- Shampoo/Conditioner doesn’t come with a lot of product
I had two major takeaways from trying out this product line:
- I adore the light, fresh, coconut scent.
- While the shampoo/conditioner worked in the moment, the combination dried out my hair over time.
What I mean by that second point is that while my hair felt soft and silky while applying the products, the consistent use over the course of 2 months caused my hair to feel dry. I’ve used Organix shampoo in the past when they first started appearing in stores and I wasn’t a fan of how it left my hair feeling like it needed a good deep conditioner. Because of that, I wasn’t surprised that I had a similar experience this time around.
So the shampoo and conditioner weren’t my favorites, but what about the styling products?
I loved using the moisture balm styling lotion, and it was the first product I ran out of. I primarily liked using it as an alternate to gel, because it would keep my hair sleek when I’d tie it back in a bun or ponytail. I also enjoyed using the leave-in moisture hair mist. Since mixing heat and oil is a bad combination, I love to use lightweight sprays or serums when my hair is styled straight. I liked that this product helped to add shine without weighing my hair down.
Overall Rating: B-*
*Product individual ratings: A- for the Moisture Balm | B+ for the Leave-in Moisture | C for the Conditioner | D for the Shampoo
I have mixed feelings on the products overall, which is pretty consistent with how I feel about Organix hair care. As mentioned, I’ve purchased a handful of Organix hair products in the past. While some items I like and end up repurchasing, others I end up not finishing the first bottle…the same goes for this batch. Typically, I don’t repurchase the shampoo or conditioner, but I do enjoy their styling products.