Earlier this month, I shared how you can remix your style essentials for the office so you can go straight from work to weekend fun. This week, I’m keeping it simple and challenging you to both rethink your staples and share how you can style them for everyday wear. Despite what you may think, a basic tee and jeans look can still be interesting! Take a few tips from today’s post and rethink your basics the next time you reach for a simple outfit!
Regardless of your personal style, there are staples everyone should have in their wardrobe. Focusing on casual wear, there are a few pieces that can get you started with building a capsule wardrobe. If you caught the work-to-weekend post, you’re already familiar with the 3 staples I recommend.
Your Staples Starter Kit
For those of you who may need a refresher, below are the 3 basics that make the perfect starter kit for your wardrobe:
Now, is that all you’ll need to create a versatile wardrobe? Certainly not, but, it is a realistic starting point when curating the essentials.
Why do you need these 3 basics in your wardrobe?
You may be asking yourself what the benefit is to owning simple pieces like plain tees and classic denim. Even if you’re a fan of bright colors and crazy prints, it’s a good practice to have some simplicity in your closet to balance out the noise. Why?
- They’re easy to mix and match! (See: How to Remix Your Basics for the Office)
- They will never go out of style. Staples are the pieces you can be more comfortable with investing in because 10 years from now, you won’t look back and question why wearing a white tee and jeans was an outfit choice you made. (Colorful skinny jeans, anyone?)
- Basics are the foundation to curating a wearable wardrobe.
Where to Shop: Rethink your Basics with RE/DONE
If you haven’t heard of Re/Done, I’m here to save your wardrobe! Re/Done is an online modern luxury brand, paying homage to the classics like Levi’s. If you’re a jeans and tee girl to your core like I am, Re/Done is the perfect brand to add in your wardrobe for the essentials.
They have a modern cool vibe and they’re investing in sustainable fashion, which is something I know we’re all trying to learn more about these days. All of the basics I’m wearing today are from Re/Done, and I recommend shopping their site if you’re in need of long-lasting, classic staples.
Tips for Styling the 3 Wardrobe Essentials
Once you’ve shopped Re/Done and have your starter kit ready to go, where do you begin with piecing your outfits together? Sure, we all love reaching for a comfortable sneaker and tossing our hair in a ponytail when wearing our basics. But what about those days when you want to dress them up a bit? What about when you’re in the mood for wearing your basics while also making an impression?
Here are some styling tips to help you make the most of your basics year-round:
- Look for denim in a universally flattering cut, like straight-leg or slim. These cuts outlast rotating fashion and can be easily cuffed or tucked in shoes to switch up your look, unlike styles with a wider leg.
- In the fall and winter months, add interest to your jeans and tee outfit by throwing on a jacket. A leather jacket is the ultimate effortless layer and something every girl needs in her wardrobe.
- For a daytime fall look, swap the leather jacket for a classic trench or denim jacket. A denim jacket will dress down the look, while a trench makes the outfit smart and chic.
- If you’re more of a boot-lover, remix your denim and tee outfits with different boot styles! Vibrant boots contrast beautifully against the cool denim, studded boots give the look a street style edge, and printed boots keep the look fashionable.
- Don’t let the weather limit your style! Even when it’s too warm for boots, pair your outfit with heels for a casually dressed up look. For added flair, pick a colorful heel like yellow or cobalt blue.
- Don’t forget about accessories! Especially in the summertime, jewelry and bold lips can go a long way! When it’s too hot to add extra layers, accessories will help you switch your outfit.
#MYREDONES | The Basics I’m Wearing
If you’re overwhelmed with finding the perfect style of denim and your coziest tee, use my selections as a guide! The jeans featured in today’s post are true denim, meaning they have minimal stretch and will hold up throughout the years. The reason for this is in Re/Done’s sustainability component. They pull apart vintage Levi’s denim and repurpose the fabric to create new jeans.
Each pair is handpicked and custom, so if you find a pair you love while online shopping, don’t hesitate to add to cart! I’m wearing Levi’s Hi-Rise and I love how they fit. Even after wearing them all day, the fit remained consistent and didn’t sag. We all love a good pair of Levi’s jeans, and I find this lighter wash to pair perfectly with both black and white tees.
As for the black and white tees, both are the Heritage Cotton 1950s Boxy style from Re/Done. When I tell you these tees are comfortable! I’ve had the tees for about a month and a half and have already worn them more times than I can count, especially the white tee. They feel lived in without looking old, something I attribute to the sustainable aspect of Re/Done. Described as the perfect reimagining of the best vintage tee you can find, the Hanes tees are developed exclusively by Re/Done and made of 100% combed cotton. We all need a comfortable tee in our lives–Re/Done has you covered.
While I’m certainly a newbie when it comes to learning about and finding sustainable fashion, I love brands like Re/Done for making it easy to find stylish pieces along the way. It feels good to contribute to the cause while staying true to my personal style. To help you get your starter staples, I’ve partnered with RE/DONE to give you a discount!
Use code ventifashion.com15 for a discount at checkout when you shop with Re/Done!
Shop RE/DONE for your sustainable basics below:
FTC: This post is in collaboration with RE/DONE. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Affiliate links are used on the site, please show your support by shopping the links!
Love this post? Keep Reading:
- How to Wear Jeans to the Office
- How to Style the Checked Blazer
- Wearing Leopard Print for Fall
- How to Remix Your Essentials from Work to Weekend