‘Tis the season for layers upon layers! Even though I live in a warmer climate, I’m taking full advantage of any cold day we see. If you haven’t noticed, there’s so much variety in stores right now with all of the outerwear styles! Maybe it’s because I haven’t been super into scarves lately, but this season I have been venturing out into colorful and printed outerwear. For today’s edit, I’m switching up the style a bit and letting the clothes do the talking for two reasons:
- There are several coat styles to marvel over!
- When it comes to styling, the coats do all the talking so the tips for each coat are pretty consistent.
Coat Styling Tips
- Let your boots do the talking! Wearing a heeled boot with your winter coat outfits elongates your legs and makes the outfit appear more polished, especially if you’re wearing a long, tailored coat.
- Think of the coat as a part of your look, not just a removable article of clothing. By that, I mean pay attention to your outfit and think about what prints, colors, and patterns complement the look. Just because it’s an outer layer that you may or may not wear all day, you don’t want the coat to clash. This small step can switch the vibe from “I was rushing and grabbed the first coat I saw” to “I have it together and my outfit reflects that.”
- All coats pair well with a top + jeans look, but the same can’t be said for skirts or dresses. If you’re wearing a winter dress, keep the look sleek and tailored by wearing a long coat. If you’re a fan of bulkier jackets like puffers and (faux) fur, dress down a skirt with a t-shirt and you can get by with mixing the two together.
Winter Coat Edit | 30 Coats I’m Loving this Season
Below I’ve curated 30 of my favorite coats across the net. Some of the hottest winter coat trends for 2018 include:
- Long Coats
- Teddy Coats
- Puffer Jackets
- Plaid Coats
- Wool & Wool-Blend Coats
Shop the Winter Coat Edit:
Which style from the coat edit is your favorite?
Love this post? Keep Reading:
- Dive in to Sweater Weather with these Cozy Must-Haves
- The Fall and Winter Boots to Give All Your Outfits a Boost
- The Office-Approved Basics You Should Know How to Style
- How You Can be Stylish and Sustainable with Wardrobe Staples
FTC: This post contains affiliate links. When a purchase is made using the link(s), a small commission is received. Please show your support by shopping the links!